Thursday, December 06, 2007

Dad's Plant Stand



My hoya displays are in a state of "work in progress" right now because as I said earlier, we're listing our house for sale in the spring and are doing some redecorating. Hoyas are moved from shelf to shelf, shelves are moved from room to room. I'm getting nicer display shelving for some of them early in the new year. This picture is of the stand in our bedroom, sitting beside a south-east facing sliding glass door and gets really bright light all day, and direct sun for a couple of hours in the morning. The stand was made by my father more than 20 years ago; he's been gone since 1995 andI hope I can hold on to it for a few more years. It has one of my oldest hoyas on it, H.compacta, which is the one on the top shelf with the gnarled looking leaves. That one's flowers are a nice pale pink. Other hoyas in the picture are carnosa, carnosa krimson princess, densifolia, obovata, calycina, pallilimba,verticillata, montana, and a few others I can't remember the names of right now.


No comments: