Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Hoya Archboldiana


I got this hoya in the summer of 2006. In the fall, it sprouted its first long vine and at the end of it a peduncle popped out. It then did nothing until the following spring, when it produced about a dozen buds. These are the only three that didn't fall off, but they thrilled me anyway. Each of these flowers is nearly 2" in diameter, and have a very light scent, that reminds me a bit of baby oil. I just love their cup shape. Hoya Archboldiana grows wild in Papua, New Guinea. The leaves average about 7" long and 2" wide and are a very dark green. It has put on a lot of growth this year, and budded up one more time, but the buds blasted unfortunately (fell off before opening). I have great hopes for it next year, in our new house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.